If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Running Behind

I know I haven't posted in DAYS!  I've got two or three drafts started but they are not ready to post.  One is my Father's Day post.  Sorry Daddy, I was so busy on that day - visits from grandchildren, visits to my Daddy, dinner with children - that I didn't get it revised and edited to post.  Then, my professional development workshops have been all this week and I have HOMEWORK.  So, I haven't had time to blog.  Bummer. 

I have gotten some writing done, though!  Below is a piece that I doodled out today during one of the boring presentations.  I was searching for some glasses so that I could be reading out of one of the books we'd been given to use in our classroom and realized I had left them on the kitchen table where I was working on homework the night before.  So, that served as inspiration for this little poem:

My Eyes
 
What happened to my eyesight?
Why did it go and hide?
The need for lenses when I read
sends me fumbling for a pair.
Where could I have left them?
I cannot recall.
(a pause to scratch my head)
What is this
betangled in my hair?
Oh yes!
My artificial eyes!

Now, what was I trying to read?


I think this is one of my favorite pictures of Lillie playing at being me.
Maybe if I was as intense as this I could get more done and look like this:

I'll try to get caught up and revise what I've started and post some things at the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment