If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's with this weather?

On the weekend it was so warm here that I had my hair in a ponytail, wore shorts, and opened the windows here in the house.  Then, yesterday when I was heading home from work, I had to scrape the crust of ice off my windshield before I started out.  This morning the back deck had a coating of ice so think we could skate on it this morning and was still slushy through the day-long rain this afternoon.  Now we are under an ice and weather advisory throughout the night.

We have been surviving on stews, soups, and other comfort foods around here.  I was sickly and Ramen Noodle Soup kept me alive for the most part.  One day I was glad when a package of smoked roast beef fell out of the freezer and barely missed my foot.  It became the base of Beef Stew for our dinner.  You can find the recipe for that HERE.  A package that held a half-pound of browned ground beef became the base for vegetable beef soup Monday and helped to warm us up after we slipped around on the icy deck.  Then, yesterday I came home and made another of those comfort food dishes, Chicken Pot Pie.  That recipe is HERE.

I have also boiled over a dozen eggs and spent part of the afternoon searching for recipes using eggs.  Mike's girls are yielding an average of two dozen eggs per day now.  We have a few regular egg customers but it doesn't take long for them to stack up here!

Maybe I'll get a snow day tomorrow and can whip us up some omelets in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment