If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Picking Your Battles

Last week I noticed that Mike had left his shaving cream can on the bathroom counter.

I didn't say anything about him cluttering up the counter.  I didn't fuss or complain because he got it out but didn't put it away.  I didn't even touch it.  I decided that I would just give him the chance to put it back in the drawer the next time he used it.

The next day...

The shaving cream can still sat there.

So, again, I left it.  I said nothing.  I did nothing.  I just left it awaiting his attention.

The third day...

I sighed, shook my head, and put the can back in the drawer.  I decided that I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it.

Then...

...that night at the dinner table, Mike asked me this question...

"Why did you put that empty shaving cream can back in the drawer?  I left it out so you would know to buy more the next time you went to the store."

What do you think was my response?

Yep, I just laughed!


2 comments:

  1. What happened to the running list???? We have 1 and the 4 of us that can write know to add to it so we get what we need. If it's not on the list it isn't bought for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to the running list???? We have 1 and the 4 of us that can write know to add to it so we get what we need. If it's not on the list it isn't bought for them.

    ReplyDelete