If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, November 30, 2020

Porch Oasis


During this time of staying home our front porch has become an oasis for me. The sun shines in during the morning hours which is great during this cooler time of year. It was also great during the summer months because the shade would cool things down as the sun rotated around to the other side of the house. I have enjoyed sitting out there and watching the world go by down the highway that runs in front of our house. I'll take a tablet out there and check my personal email and catch up on blog reading. I'll peruse some online magazines or Instagram and pin some inspirational photos. 

Sometimes it would just be my loyal companion and I and sometimes we might have a few visitors.

I was so grateful to have this space as an outdoor room where we could read a book, watch the world go by, take a nap, and just relax.  One thing I did notice during July and early August is that even though the space was shady after lunchtime, it still was a bit hot. Plus, late in the afternoons when there was no air stirring the mosquitos tried to feast on me. So, Mike and I talked about it and decided a ceiling fan might be a good investment.  As with most home choices, Mike left it to me to decide the style and location. So, when we had Richard Stanaland from The Tool Chest here to do a few handyman jobs, I made sure to have the ceiling fan ordered and ready to install.



Since it was already October before we got around to having the work done, the dog days of hot weather were already past. We've had a warm day or two and I turned the fan on in the afternoon when I went out after finishing up work. So, I know that the stirring air discourages the mosquitos and bugs somewhat. I'm looking forward to the breeze it will provide when next summer comes, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment