If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Frustrating Hindrance

My blogging this weekend has been hindered by my own lack of gracefulness.  I was hanging something on Friday afternoon and made a miss-step when climbing off the ladder and fell.  It may not look so high - but for an old, overweight, clumsy, tired woman that third rung is a long drop to the hard, solid floor! 

The second I told Mike what I had done he began fussing at me - climbing on a ladder when I'm alone, had no business doing that, it could have waited...  All those things I knew already and was mentally kicking my own shocked hind side about between grumbles and moans.  Then, I frustrated him because I refused to go to the emergency room to have my hand/wrist/shoulder checked and treated.  Mainly, I think he was frustrated because I was in pain and there was nothing he could do to make it go away. 

I did agree to go to the walk-in clinic yesterday for X-rays.  The radiologist report says everything looks OK but I have a beautiful brace and still have some pain in my wrist - only when I move it - and lots of frustration all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment