If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Storm

How can the temperature change so rapidly?  At the beginning of the week we were wearing shorts and sweating in near eighty-degree weather.  Yesterday and today we were shivering while wearing sweatshirts and warm jeans. 

This afternoon we also had a lightning and thunderstorm.  It seemed to come in waves - one bout after another.  First was simply thunder and a downpouring of rain.  Then, came a bit of calm followed by loud pounding on our tin roof.  I looked out the window onto the deck and this is what I saw:

 There were just pellets of ice pouring down - no rain - just the ice. 
 In only a matter of seconds there were just little piles of ice all over the place.  I told Mike that I had never seen the like of it - this must be what happens when you see hail damage to vehicles and roofs. 
 Shortly afterward, rain also began to fall and then the precipitation all turned to rain.  Yet, below the patio tables the ice still lay for a bit looking like shattered glass.
I would never have believed it if I hadn't experienced it!

No comments:

Post a Comment