If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Enjoying the Beauty

I've been off a couple of days and am enjoying the beauty of country living.
Some days I enjoy it more than others.
Some days...well, lets just say I wish I was a city girl altogether...
...like a few days ago when the hay cutter needed some work and the temperature was in the 90+degree-range and there were chiggers all around and there was no breeze stirring.
For the last couple of days, though, I've been lucky enough to just enjoy the beauty of my flowers...
...and the farm work going on around me.
The hubs working in the hay...
...the nephews working in the hay...
...the great-nephews working in the hay...
...the nephews mowing pastures...
...the peaceful pastoral scenes...
...the livestock in the fields...
...the crisp, rolling, shades of green...
...all enjoyed from a relaxing, shady perch with a book on my lap.
The simplicity of living in the country seems so idyllic...
...when viewed from a relaxing perch...
...with a good book, a breeze, and a cold, sweating glass of iced tea.
I know we need some rain as well as the sun and warm temperatures.
I appreciate the helpful boost of rain as a respite from my watering with the hose and the sprinkling can.
I also know that a break in the high temperatures is welcomed.
I've really been enjoying the natural beauty around me this week, though.
And I just hope the rain that is forecast for our area today and tonight doesn't beat the blooms up too much.
The outdoor scenery is just gorgeous right now, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment