If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, March 30, 2020

Discovery On A Morning Walk

Being home is a gift to me. I love where we live and I am glad to be where I am.

I always have ways to occupy my time and am never bored. To me, down-time means I get to read or craft or cook.

So, this time has felt like a gift and a blessing to me. I've enjoyed every minute of being at home.

I will admit that there are times when the blaring of the television or the updates from online have seemed a bit much for me. So, when rain wasn't falling, I went out for a walk.

I don't want you to think I've taken up hiking or I've become health-conscious or something like that.  Don't get silly.

I simply take a stroll - down the driveway or along the creek.  It is not like I'm counting steps or logging miles.  I just take a mind-clearing walk.

On my walk the other morning, I took time to pick up a few fallen branches or some wood that had washed down the creek during flooding.  For some reason, I looked up and noticed this.

There are little buds on most every branch of this tree down near our creek.  Yet, this one little cluster of twiggy branch is much further along.
How about that?  Why do you think that might be?  I plan to keep a watch and see what I notice in the next few days.  I just found that quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment