If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Genetics

My hairdresser called to let me know that she would be glad to reschedule my appointment for a later time.  Yet, we had no idea when would be a good time to reschedule.  How long will we be staying home?  So, we exchanged pleasantries about our families and promised to stay in touch and just schedule later. 

I may be Rapunzel before this is all over and I'm able to get a hair appointment for all I know.  I just know that I cannot schedule something when there is so much unknown.

My hair has been a wild mess, for the most part, ever since we have been staying at home.  You see, I have a lot of hair.  It is thick.  It is coarse.  It has just enough curl or body to it to be unruly.  I'm not one who is into spray or products that hold it just so.  So, it gets a little out of hand.

When I get out of bed each morning, I think something beyond bedhead is what I would classify it.  I generally laugh and refer to my morning look as Medusa Head.  Yep.  Imagine that wild look of monstrous snakes going in every direction.  That is the look every single morning.

The children have been sharing photos of our granddaughters during this time of staying at home.  Mike made the comment the other day that he thought my granddaughters must have inherited my hair.

Here is an example of how Lillie has tamed hers as best she could without having to go into a deep dive of products and tools to tame it.
When my  hair is long enough to contain with a ponytail holder, that is exactly what I've done.  Just sort of wad it up into a knot and keep it away from my face. 

Luci also has demonstrated a bit about how being active and busy can sometimes cause her hair to escape the confines she attempted.  Her hair can get a little bit unruly like mine.
When I've worked outside and get a little wind-tossed or am doing a chore like picking up fallen limbs, mine can get a bit out of hand as well.

Then, Linley recently demonstrated a look that I have gotten at times.  There is just enough curl that it flips here and flips there and some is in her eyes and some is curled out there.  Nothing tame and styled.  Just a bit of everywhere.
Even though I don't have a photo of Lydia with a wild hairdo, I know that she has a good look like us every now and again.  I think Mike might have a point about them inheriting that hair thing from me.  I apologize to their mothers and to them about it sometimes. 

Then, I think, at least that is not an awful thing to have inherited from me.  It certainly could have been a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment