If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas Lights

 I was so excited to get the wreaths done and lighted down at the entrance to our driveway. Shortly after, I put the outdoor lights up on the front porch. They are on a timer so that they come on each evening at dusk and go off each morning at dawn. That makes all the lights shining at the same time. I do hope that some day we can put lights on the entire fence around our front field. I think that would be so cheerful and make the season really special!

I have a battery pack of fairy lights on the wreath that is hanging on the front door. I've put a clear command hook on the window on the inside of the front door to loop the ribbon holding the wreath through. That way I can still open and close the door with no cords dangling anywhere. The remainder of the lights are connected to extension cords - one that runs under the front door mat and a couple which run straight across the porch beside the rocker to the porch rail. 
I turned on lights in the rooms on the front side of the house and made a trek out to the end of the driveway last night just as the outdoor lights all came on. There was a fog rolling in and it really made for interesting photos. We certainly look lit up and cheerful from the highway!



No comments:

Post a Comment