If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, December 28, 2020

Outtakes!

A few years back, I had the opportunity to make family photos for my daughter, Bridgette. I truly love doing that and sometimes I think I wish I'd made that my profession. Then, I think about those little people who cry and reluctant or non-cooperative subjects and I'm glad that I didn't!  Anyway, I was asked to put my photography skills to the test again and we took a warm afternoon with a few crafty props she had brought and made photos that she chose from for her Christmas cards and to update a few frames in her home.  Bridgette also wanted to use Ole Red for some of the photos. So, we washed the dust off of the truck and took a couple of turns down the road to dry it off and the photo shoot ensued.

The ones she chose for her cards are nice and feature some of my best loves - my granddaughters! 


At one point I handed Bridgette the camera and she made a few shots of Mike and me and I used them for our Christmas card this year. As always, though, some of the most fun shots are the outtakes! I've included some outtakes here. Some are silly and some are actually pretty good. I'm not going to caption each one. I just want to share some of this family.
We, of course, drove up this hill but I thought it might make a good setting to have them all pose in the middle of the drive with the fall trees and grasses around them. Then, it took a turn for the silly when they acted as if they had run up the hill!
I knew when I was shooting this one that it wasn't going to turn out as we hoped. Not just because of the faces that the girls were making as they squinted into the sun but also because the interior of the truck was too dark for Corey to show up. So, it looks like Bridgette has some sort of creepy hand attacking her!
Here was a silly one made from inside the cab of the truck while the girls were in the bed of it.
There was lots of standing around or trying to keep somebody engaged while it was somebody else's turn to pose.
Sometimes the pose request was taken just a little too far!



The sun was really bright and there were lots of squinty shots of everybody!





































Some of them are nice photos. Some of them are really funny because of the faces or actions. Some of them are simply showing personalities. In all, I think I shot over 550 pictures that afternoon. So, the outtakes really are just the tip of the iceberg! I look forward to our next photo op!

No comments:

Post a Comment