If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Mixed Messages

This is sort of a random post but I have a couple of photos from my phone that just seem too good not to share.  

The first picture is one I made at the creek here on the farm. Earlier this year Mike and I were rescuing some of the larger rocks that had washed down our creek during a major rain storms.  We needed to get out of the house. We needed a bit of exercise. We needed to exert some energy. We needed to fill a big ditch that had washed out between the house and the barn. So, with free fill rock available, we decided to do a couple of loads each day - rescuing them from the creek bed where they were not needed and moving them to the ditch where they were. We would load the bed of the ATV and dump it into the ditch. On one particular loading session, I noticed this series of holes.

At first it was just a bit disconcerting because it was almost as if the ground was making a face at me - mocking me. Then, it occurred to me that often holes like this were havens for snakes. So, during that work session, I had a bit of a hard dime concentrating on picking up the bigger rocks around that area because I was a bit busy watching those holes to make certain that no visitors popped out!

The second picture is one of a box that was delivered during all of our online Christmas shopping deliveries. I just happened to notice this sticker on the bottom of a box. It made me pause a bit. I wondered if maybe Mike might have been into some sort of activity that I wasn't aware of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment