If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Accomplishments

Why do I feel like I need to have something to show for my day?  Isn't it enough to just get through the day sometimes?  Somehow, though, I feel like I need to have something to say that I've DONE. 

Today I did a couple of loads of laundry.  How do two people dirty up so many clothes?  I watered my flowers.  Can it continue to stay so very hot and dry?  I read a little bit of my current book.  Why can't I just sit down and read it without feeling guilty? 

Then, I went downstairs and worked on a little craft project for my classroom, did some touch up painting to the floral watercolor frames that I'm still just not quite satisfied with, and straightened a wee bit.  I attached the cheapo shower head that I picked up at a yard sale last week ($4 for something that retails for about $16 and the package had never been opened!) to the downstairs shower.  Then, I made an apron for my favorite chef. 

Hope he likes it!

At any rate, I did feel like I got SOMETHING accomplished.  So, I won't have to go to bed feeling like I wasted away a day.  I guess that is the thing.  We have so precious few days; so, I don't want to fritter one away and wish I could get it back.  That would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment