If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Crafting Day

Well, Thursday was another crafting day.  This time my girls came and we crafted together.  Jessica arrived first and she brought a couple of projects - we decided to postpone one till another day but let's just say that at some point she is going to have some beautiful and 'grown-up' looking throw pillows!  Here are a couple of shots of her creation for the day.  It is an adaptation of Suzanne's Plaque Attack idea from Just Another Hangup

This shot shows the completed project lying on an uncluttered background.  However, the photographer (me) was a little shaky and it isn't as clear as the shot below which was taken by a more steady hand.


Isn't it sweet?  I think the newlyweds who will receive this as a gift will truly cherish it this fall.

This plaque is a little bit larger than the ones Suzanne features on her blog as it is almost the size of a complete piece of 8 1/2" by 11" piece of scrapbook paper.  I think Jessica is going to ask Bryan to drill a little hole in the back to provide a place for hanging it on the wall.  Don't you think Jess's brother and his new wife will just love it?

By the way, Jessica also loved Sarah's photo garland idea from over on Clover Lane about preserving the annual photo Christmas Card and using it to decorate year-after-year.  She made some of those card ornaments and they turned out great, too.  Wish I had made a photo of all of them together to share here, but I was so excited to have all the company that I just didn't make the photos that I should have.  I was inspired to try to do this craft project with the cards Mike and I sent out this year. 

Bridgette, Lillie, and Lydia were the second group to arrive for crafting.  Bridgette brought along several other ideas and suggestions and some different sized boards for us to try.  One set of the boards might lend themselves to being two-sided or reversible.  Wouldn't that be economical and creative?  Here is Bridgette's creation


Won't it be cute sitting out later this month when Lillie has a birthday?

Bridgette also created one which she plans to hang beside her door.  It is a spin on the formal and traditional family/established plaques that you see at some folks' homes.  I think it turned out wonderfully, too.  It really is cheerful and personal and reflects the values of her family.

The bright cheerful colors add cheer to the entryway don't they?

I'm sure these polka-dots coordinate wonderfully with her new chair cushions (featured in this post) that I'm still thinking I should ask her to give back to me since they turned out so cute!

Angela arrived after Bridgette and the grands.  She borrowed Bridgette's birthday idea and put her own spin on it with a different cheerful color.  Both hers and Bridgette's celebrate plaques were created with one piece of regular 8x11 scrapbook paper.  Isn't that clever and economical?  Look how different they look on different colors, too!

Cheerful yellow for Celebrate!

A bright close-up shot.

Angela also worked on her own plaque for hanging beside her front door.  Didn't it turn out wonderfully?

Won't this be fabulous to perk up the space beside her formal black front door?

So, Angela went home with these two crafts to brighten up her space


What was I doing all this time?  Well, I had to play with Lillie and Lydia a little bit.  I worked a bit on revamping some antique prints Mike inherited from his grandmother (more on this in a later post).  I also put us a tasty lunch together.  We had a yummy salad made with leaf lettuce, strawberries, mandarin oranges, shredded cheese, fried onion crunches, and Ramen noodle crunches.  The main dish was Italian Chicken Pasta Bake.  It was something that I had made earlier and frozen.  So, I just popped it out of the freezer and into the oven and we had a delicious lunch.  We fed our sweet tooth with some chocolate chip cookies and blueberry and cherry pie slices.  What a giggly day of sharing we had while crafting on a rainy day.  I just loved it and I think my girls did, too!

2 comments:

  1. I loved it! Can't wait to craft again! I love being inspired by my dear friend Beverly. PS...did you notice that I am an official follower of this site??? Yep, gotta secure my spot as favorite child! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angela! I do appreciate you and Mom following my ramblings. I guess that is why you are the favorite child!

    ReplyDelete