If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snow Day Number Five

I wished for them.  I was glad to get them.  I have thoroughly reveled in them.

Snow Days!

I have NO COMPLAINTS about having five snow days in a row!  I've loved every single minute of it!

Friday, Mother Nature had to prove to us that She is still in charge!

All Thursday night was blustery.
Then, Friday afternoon it started snowing.
A lot.
Again.
Same song.
Different verse.
Deja vu...
...all over again!

Then,
...then,
...it started sleeting...
...and raining...
...and the wind howled all night long...
...and ice...
...coated...
...everything.
And...
...I do mean...
...everything!
Look closely at the siding and you can see icicles on each clapboard, the truck, the trees in the distance, the shrubbery...everything!

Now it is raining and getting sloshy, and fog is forming from the change in temperature... but things are not melting all that swiftly.  The back porch is still an ice skating rink.  The driveway is still a bobsled track.  Be careful where you walk or large lengths of ice will fall off trees, the house, or power lines and spear you or whip you senseless.

So...

what have I been doing for the past couple of days you ask...

Well, sitting very close to this for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment