If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Word to the Wise

Our refrigerator stopped cooling this week.

The whole situation may or may not have made me a bit angry.

I may or may not have been grumpy about the fridge and circumstances surrounding it.

I may or may not have complained a bit somewhat.

I may have even complained about the way I thought Mike handled the problem...to my daughter, Bridgette...

Or...

I may have just been asking a few questions about my perception of how Mike handled the situation.

To her credit, Bridgette was a polite listener.

Then...

Then...

Then, she offered this statement:

"Mom, at a time when I was talking about my husband in such a manner, a wise woman once said, 'Well, remember, you picked him.'  So, that is all I'm going to say to you.  Remember that you picked him."

Isn't she lucky to have such a wise woman in her life?

No comments:

Post a Comment