If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hand-Crafted Gift

Mike and I were so blessed for Christmas this year!  Folks gave us the nicest gifts and we are so grateful.  

Mike got shirts - some were short-sleeved, UT T-shirts, some were long-sleeved farm isignia T-shirts.  He has worn them all and seems to really love them because they are back on his back as soon as they come out of the dryer.  He was also really proud to get a nice pocket knife and a new butcher knife.  Those also thrilled him.  We got a set of blue-tooth speakers and have cranked our music up loud and danced around a bit.  

We got a big, non-stick skillet and have used it a couple of times for cooking.  It seems those practical gifts tend to hit the spot with us.

I've taken my time assimilating my gifts into the fold.  I got some Churchill Blue Willow salad plates and I think Mike likes them as much as I do.  They are just the right size for so many things when we are cooking or eating.

Earlier this week I found a spot for one of my hand-crafted gifts.  It hangs right above the towel bar in our master bath and makes me smile as soon as I step out of the shower!


No comments:

Post a Comment