If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Little Update

Since the days were a bit chilly and dreary this past weekend...

Since I didn't want to tackle an outdoor project...

Since I had a day planned with some friends over the weekend...

Since I had noticed the popularity of cheetah prints lately...

I did a little mini update in the den.
Cheetah print pillow covers!

My friends and I went to the Fabric House on Saturday.  I was looking for fabric to coordinate the room with my Granny's quilt.  No, I still haven't landed on something to finish out that room.  I still need a bed skirt, pillow shams, chair upholstery, and a coordinating fabric for the Roman shade fabric I have selected.  I even looked at trims with the thought that I could go with a white fabric and trim it out to coordinate the quilt and shades.  Nope.  Didn't land on anything that just sang out to me.  So, I stopped off at Hobby Lobby on the way home searching for something else altogether (I'm getting ready to do a bit of organizing round here.)  I stumbled across the cheetah print.  Remember that I've noticed it in several places lately and decided I needed a bit of it in my house.
I love that it is a simple cotton fabric that I can throw into the washer.  I simply made an envelope pillow cover.  I debated upon piping it with black piping but in the end decided to simply top-stitch the edges with black.
I think these are the perfect fall accent to go with my pheasant-covered pillows and the steer amongst the pumpkin pillow.  Happy fall with a little update!

No comments:

Post a Comment