If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Unseasonable Weather/Unwelcome Visitors

I've enjoyed these warm November days as much as possible.

I've sat out on the deck before it gets dark - which still seems almost like mid-day to me since the time change.

I've spent some time at the barn with Mike and his bottle calves.

I've even worn sandals to work a day or two.

The one thing I am not enjoying about these warm November days is the influx of insects.

We hae been invaded by multiple lady bugs - not the great invasion that we have suffered in prior years but we have had a few annoying ladies.

We have also had a swarm of flies blow in.  I've swatted and swatted.

The ones I have really been fighting and wondering about are these fellows...

They all are just angry and evil looking!  Toby doesn't like them either.  He has watched and watched and then snapped at a few.  One of them snapped back at him today and he whined and rubbed his nose a while.

Me, I've just swatted and swatted them, too.  Today alone, I have killed an even dozen and the day isn't over.

No comments:

Post a Comment